The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) is a very important source of funding for the heritage sector. It provides funding through a competitive bidding process. I have extensive experience in supporting clients with major capital bids to the HLF i.e. bids over £100,000. I am an Expert Adviser and Mentor to the Heritage Lottery Fund so I have a strong awareness of HLF’s objectives.My knowledgeable and experienced associates work with me on projects as clients require.
I support bids at both Stage 1 and Stage 2. Conservation Management Plans, and Conservation Management and Maintenance Plans are key specialities as well as advising on Activity Plans, resourcing, volunteer development, building design, and pulling bids together in their totality.
My clients have a high success rate. Successes include
- Hull History Centre £7million – the largest ever HLF bid for an archive project to the
- UK Centre for Carnival Arts £675,000 – an innovative community-focused project to create an online archive for carnival
- York City Archives £1.6 million – refurbishment of a listed building to create a new archives facility with storage and public service areas
- STACCess £449,000 – a major project to catalogue and open up access to collections in the Milton Keynes region
- Huddersfield University Archive £1.58 million – conversion of an existing university building to a state-of-the-art archive
- The Garden Museum, Lambeth – a recent Round 1 pass