ARCHIVE & COLLECTION
High quality collections management is the foundation to taking control of your archives and developing their use. Different advice and direction is needed depending on whether you are in the first stages of archiving a collection or need a review of an established service.
You may have no in-house expertise, an army of volunteers or an experienced team. I am experienced at supporting archive collections in all types of situations with a view to maximising the quality of their care and use to professional standards and best practice, such as those required under Archive Accreditation.
- Establishing new archive collections with relevant strategies and policies
- Designing the operation and layout of an archive service
- Assessing cataloguing requirements and priorities with costed action plans
- Staffing and skills development including providing training, job descriptions and recruitment
- Reviewing existing archival operations to provide guidance and costed action plans
- Disaster management planning
- Analysis and planning for conservation
- Planning for digital preservation
- Developing access methods
- Integrating archives into other operations e.g. libraries, museums, commercial activity