Strategic Planning & Service Transformation
Heritage and cultural services are facing many pressures for change arising such as resourcing, governance, audiences, technology and collection development. Services need to be flexibly and constantly assessing their approach to collection management, service delivery and stakeholder management.
I have worked with numerous archive services across the UK in the public and private sectors, both as stand-alone organisations and as collaborative teams. I provide support and direction to development services and partnerships. I am very familiar with working with archives set in other organisations including libraries, museums and businesses.
Through my associates I provide an expert team tailored to the individual needs of the client, brining in skills such as conservation, museum curation, business planning and architectural design.
- Current state reviews of service delivery, collections and their management, audiences, partnerships and stakeholders
- Reviews of current strategic direction
- Options appraisals and feasibility studies e.g. for new buildings and collaborative working
- Supporting the development of bespoke Vision and Mission statements
- Action planning with clear resource analysis
- Facilitation for the establishment and development of collaborative networks including a shared Vision and Mission, realistic collaborative projects with costed action plans, governance models
- Evaluation of projects